We all depend on online services, so having a better understanding of cyber security threats is vital.
On this course, you’ll learn how to recognise online security threats that could harm you and explore the steps you can take to minimise your business and personal risks.
The course will introduce principles of information security and cyber security, risk management, cryptography, industry standards, incident management, malware and business continuity.
Throughout the duration of the course we will cover the following topics:
- What is information and cyber security and what does it cover
- Threats, vulnerabilities and risk from a security perspective
- Cyber security risk analysis and management
- Cryptography as a privacy tool: encryption, at rest and in transit; hashing and salting
- Managing identity and authentication
- Security baselines: including ISO 27001 and cyber essentials
- Introduction to malware
- Incident and crisis management
- Business continuity planning and disaster recovery
- 1 day course with experienced trainer
- All course materials
- Lunch and refreshments (if classroom based)
- DPAS folder, pad and pen (if classroom based)
- Template documents to take away
The course takes 1 day to complete and will be held virtually.
You will need access to Microsoft Teams and OneDrive throughout the course. All documents will be shared via OneDrive and sessions will be held via Teams.
The course will start at 9:00 am and finish at 4:00 pm.
Our course is great for
This course is primarily aimed at those who need to have an understanding of information and cyber security and to see how this fits with the protection of data, GDPR, assessing risks and business continuity. It looks at definitions, concepts and gives real life examples to support learning. Participants will be expected to share their experiences too to support the principles being looked at.
This qualification is likely to be of particular benefit to those working in the following areas:
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Information Governance, risk and compliance
- Data Management
- Project Management
- Information Security and IT