Throughout the duration of the course we will cover the following topics:
- What are the benefits of data sharing?
- What are the challenges of data sharing in terms of maintaining public trust, and respecting personal privacy?
- What powers exist to share data?
- What are the conditions under which data may be shared? What restrictions exist, and which exemptions may apply?
- What to tell those whose personal data are shared, and what rights do they have?
- How to write a data sharing agreement, and what should it contain
- Appropriate technical and organisational controls to protect personal data.
- The Information Commissioner's Data Sharing Code of Practice
- When a Data Protection Impact Assessment is needed