Our Data Protection in Practice for Schools course is aimed at Data Protection Leads, ensuring they have the tools and knowledge they need to put in place and maintain data protection projects.
Schools have an obligation under the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 to ensure that all staff handling personal data have sufficient data protection and cyber security training.
Ensuring staff are well trained demonstrates that your school protects the data it holds, and training all staff helps to comply with the Accountability Principle.
The ICO expects that staff have role-based training in schools. Data Protection Leads are expected to have a higher level of training, and a deeper understanding of the law and relevant practical implementations.
By attending our Data Protection in Practice for Schools course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the principles of data protection and how these are applied in the school organisation.
- Walk away with the knowledge required to put a compliance project in place in the school.
- Understand how to deal with SARs, Data Breaches, DPIAs and more.
- Understand how to put together the Schools Record of Processing Activities (ROPA).
- Learn how to complete a Data Protection Audit, and report this back to Governors.
- Receive template policies, procedures, and audits ready to implement in your organisation.
The course is tailored to schools and includes discussion around the Data Protection Toolkit for Schools, released by the Government in August 2018.
Our course is great for
Data Protection Leads working in UK Schools.