Our training course is designed to equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively protect surveillance camera data in accordance with legal and ethical requirements, GDPR, FOI and Human Rights. The course covers key considerations of surveillance operations including the purpose, justification for using surveillance, Data Protection Impact Assessments, dealing with disclosures and subject access requests, and using facial recognition.
The one-day course will cover the following topics:
- UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018
- Protection of Freedoms Act 2012
- The ICO and their guidance
- Biometrics and Surveillance Camera Commissioner Code of Practice
- RIPA, Freedom of Information, and Human Rights Act
- Justifying the usage of surveillance
- Dealing with Subject Access Requests
- Dealing with requests for disclosure
- Using facial recognition
- Capturing Special Category Data
- How to complete a Surveillance Data Protection Impact Assessment
Our course is great for
Our surveillance and data protection course is great for anyone operating surveillance systems, Data Protection Officers, Information Governance team managers and assistants.
All of our courses, which you can book online, are held virtually (unless otherwise stated). All of our courses are tutor-led by experienced data protection professionals.
You will need access to Microsoft Teams (MS Teams) throughout the course. All courses will commence at 9 am and will finish at 4.00 pm. Breaks will be scheduled throughout the day. If you need to attend a meeting during the day, please discuss this with the trainer so they can tie this into allocated breaks.
You will be sent (via email) a link to the Microsoft Team 2 – 3 weeks prior to the course. Please ensure that you are able to access this before the course commences.
All of our courses have a maximum of 12 delegates.
Purpose of the Training
Expected learning outcomes:
- Gain an understanding of the various laws relating to surveillance operations within the UK
- Gain an understanding of the rights available to data subjects and the implications of those rights within the GDPR and Data Protection Act (2018).
- Gain an understanding of individual and organisational responsibilities relating to surveillance operations under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018).
- Learn about the considerations that should be in place before surveillance systems are installed.
- Understand what your legal obligations are when installing and using surveillance systems.
- Learn about the risks associated with using surveillance and how risks can be mitigated.
- Gain an understanding about sharing data with other organisations and the implications associated with this.
- Understand how to deal with Subject Access Requests.
We provide you with a live trainer for the duration of the course. All of our trainers are highly skilled in training and are DPOs or Consultants currently working in the Industry. They will ensure that the course is practical and will give you real world examples.
Even though most of our courses are virtual, we still ensure that you have the opportunity to use breakout sessions, ask questions, and share your experiences to enable you to get advice from peers within the industry and make worthwhile connections.
Our trainers are here to support you, and therefore, we provide you with mentor support for 1 month after the course to ensure you have an expert to ask questions to whenever you need additional support.